Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Why does Autel have System updates so o...
Why does Autel have System updates so often

1002 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2023-03-07 01:24:39

•   Level 5   
    (342) points
    witsend
    2022-01-15 00:39:48
     IMO,it makes creating any sort of a software backup unusable and makes for multiples of  steps for boot up of device and more chance of something messing up. Can't we just make a stable OS version that can go 6 months or more without having to optimize it every couple weeks?
     My MaxiSys Elite  froze during installation of the Jan 6release update of App 7/8 at the 88% mark . I had to manually close out MaxiSys App and reopen, then it closed out,I had to swipe it off, and reopen Maxi Sys App again and I guess it finished installing, but not quite sure it installed everything without corruption somewhere. Time will tell.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points

2023-03-07 01:24:39

your updates are every couple of weeks?  my brand new elite 2 has updates every time I boot it up. the last maxisys I owned  the 908 I never once installed an update and it worked flawlessly for two years. then the files got corrupted when I let someone borrow it and there was no back up. the continuous updating is going to cause a memory failure eventually. I've read about too many cases of this happening. the tablets make great paper weights and beer coasters
  Total1 Pages